Is In Home Care right for me?

To be eligible for In Home Care, you first need to be eligible for the child care subsidy (CCS), which is provided by the Australian Government.

Once you’re eligible for CCS, you may be suitable for In Home Care if no other type of child care is available or suitable.

You also need to meet at least one of these requirements:

  • You work non-standard hours
  • You live in a rural or remote area
  • You have complex or challenging needs that makes other forms of child care not suitable

If you meet the above criteria, please contact us.

Complex/challenging needs

Complex and challenging needs depend on the individual.

In many instances, a situation is complex and challenging when there are ‘multiple unmet needs’. This can include situations where families experience a combination of professional, medical and social issues. These issues make using other types of approved child care inappropriate.

Here are just a few examples of families experiencing challenging or complex needs:

  • A parent is undergoing treatment for a serious illness. This prevents the children from accessing other approved child care types due to the likelihood of the parent being immunocompromised.
  • A child has a serious illness. Other types of approved child care are not appropriate due to the risk of transmitting illness.
  • The whole family is experiencing the challenging situation. For instance, the family home has burnt down in a bushfire. The family relocates to temporary accommodation and there are no child care places available in that area.

In Home Care and NDIS

You can receive NDIS and be suitable for In Home Care.

However – NDIS and In Home Care are two different programs. This means you cannot using your NDIS funding to receive In Home Care.

In Home Care and distance education

You cannot receive In Home Care subsidies while your child is engaged in distance education.

In Home Care can be provided while supervising a child doing their homework. This is because homework is not considered formal schooling.