How to apply for Child Care?
To apply for in home care, you need to:
- Be eligible for the CCS
- Meet the criteria for in home care
The application process
Here’s how to apply for in home care:
- Step 1: Contact us. We’ll ask you a few quick questions to assess your suitability.
- Step 2: We will arrange a time to call you. During the call, we’ll create a family management plan. The family management plan captures relevant information relating to your family’s education and care needs.
- Step 3: You will be required to provide evidence to support your claim.
- Step 4: Once we receive your evidence, we will connect you with an in home care service in your area.
If you’re not eligible, don’t worry. We’re here to support you. We can refer you to other agencies that may be able to help you.
Family management plan
A family management plan is a shared resource between you, us, the in home care services and the educator.
It allows us all to work together to understand your family’s requirements and ensure you receive in home care that meets your needs.
The purpose of a family management plan is to:
- Identify your family’s unique circumstances and child care requirements
- Identify if your family may be eligible for additional assistance through other relevant support programs
- Develop a strategy to transition your family to other approved child care service types over time, where available and appropriate
When we assess your suitability, we will ask you to provide evidence to support your application. The evidence we ask for depends on your individual application. It can include things such as:
- Written statements or emails from approved child care services expressing the unavailability of places in your area
- Copy of work rosters
- Certification from relevant authorities/professionals, such as medical certifications for serious illnesses or disabilities
- A statutory declaration
- In order to keep receiving in home care, we will contact you to review your family management plan once every 3 months.
- You will be required to sign a privacy notice to authorise us to share the family management plan with services and educators.
- Your information is safe. We take protecting your privacy very seriously.
Read our privacy statement here.